The indoor full-color LED displays P4 and P5 are mostly used in some relatively large stages or the background walls of some exhibition halls. Because the distance between P4 and P5 is generally not less than 4 meters, if the distance is too close, you will see many Aggregate points. So, how should we distinguish them? Let’s find out together.
Whether it is a P4 indoor full-color LED display or a P5 indoor LED display, the scene used needs to be relatively broad. If you look too close, it is easy to see some small squares, and the overall effect is naturally not very good.
Many customers see the indoor full color, regardless of the model, and sometimes it is not suitable to buy it back. Most of the LED displays are divided into indoor and outdoor, and the indoor display also needs to see the model.
If it is an indoor small-pitch display screen smaller than P2, it is suitable for close-up viewing. Most of the small-pitch products are between P1-P2, and the displayed picture is more refined. It should be noted here that P1-P2 does not mean that only There are two kinds of products, P1 and P2, but there are many different specifications in the middle, such as P1.25, P1.667, P1.875, etc. The indoor display screen larger than P2 is more suitable for some large-scale scenes, otherwise it is difficult to achieve the effect we want.
Having introduced so much, let’s go back to the P4 and P5 indoor full-color LED displays just mentioned. The difference between them is reflected in many places. Let’s first take a look at the parameter comparison of the two.
Main technical parameters of P4 and P5 models:
P4 LED Display:
Pixel composition: P4
Dot pitch pixel: 4mm
Density: 62500 points/㎡
Maximum brightness: ≥2400CD/㎡
Drive mode: 1/16 scan
Average power consumption: 580W
Best viewing distance: 3~40M
P5 LED Display:
Pixel composition: P5
Dot pitch pixel: 5mm
Density: 40000 points/㎡
Maximum brightness: ≥3200CD/㎡
Drive mode: 1/8 scan
Average power consumption: 390W
Best viewing distance: 5~60M
Many people may not know what P means in a full-color LED display: P means the distance between any two pixels, and it can also be considered that P is the best viewing distance.
- P3 means that the distance between pixels is 3mm, and the best viewing distance is 3 meters
- P4 means that the distance between pixels is 4mm, and the best viewing distance is 4 meters
- P5 means that the distance between pixels is 5mm, and the best viewing distance is 5 meters
The dot pitch is not the same, the resolution and resolution are not the same. The smaller the dot pitch, the higher the resolution and clarity, but the smaller the corresponding dot pitch, the higher the price. Because each pixel corresponds to a lamp bead in the LED display.
The pixel pitch of P4 is 4mm, which can accommodate 62,500 pixels in one square meter. The pixel pitch of P5 is 5mm, which can accommodate 40,000 pixels in one square meter. P4 uses 22,500 more lamp beads than P5. This is why The more pixels there are, the more delicate the display effect will be. But each additional lamp bead also means that the cost increases, so the corresponding price is naturally higher.
It is worth mentioning here that some customers think that the best viewing distance of the P4 LED display is 4 meters, so they can only be used within the range of 4 meters. In fact, 4 meters is the best viewing distance, but it is slightly It is also possible to extend it later, generally it can be extended by 2.5 times, that is to say 4*2.5=10 meters, roughly within 10 meters, the viewing effect is good.
The best viewing distance of the same P5 LED display is 5 meters. 5 meters multiplied by 2.5 times equals 12.5 meters, which means that the viewing effect of the P5 LED display is also very good within the range of 12.5 meters. So about the two We only need to pay attention to these two issues.
1. Pixel composition. Because it is an indoor technology, each pixel has a wick in red, green and blue. The dot pitch is the basis for the difference between models, which directly determines the pixel resolution that can be accommodated in one square meter of the LED display.
The point spacing technology of the P4 model is indented by 1mm, and the pixel points are increased by more than 20,000 points. In the field of high-definition small-pitch LED displays, every 0.1 mm indentation of the dot pitch is a technological breakthrough, and the price will also double.
It is also because the price of LED display products with smaller spacing is too expensive, so from research and development to practical application, it is still unable to compete with LCD displays. Currently in the low-end market, LCD still occupies a dominant position. Only high-end ones In the display market, only small-pitch displays have room for it to play.
2. The number of pixels determines the brightness of the screen. The P5 LED display has fewer pixels per square meter, so its overall brightness is higher than the P4 LED full-color display. This is determined by the characteristics of the LED display. The larger the number of points of the display screen, the higher the brightness can be made, the same can be obtained, the smaller the number of points of the display screen, the lower its brightness.
This is because if the number of points is sparser, the power supply carries fewer LED lamp beads, and even if the brightness is increased, it will not affect the display screen. But the denser the number of points, if the brightness of the LED lamp is too high, then heat dissipation will be a big problem. . These factors are the reasons why the brightness of the two cannot be consistent. If it is in a semi-outdoor or indoor position by a window, it is recommended to choose a model with a higher brightness.
Assuming the same distance of 5 meters, the P4 and P5 will not see much difference, but if the distance is a little closer, it can be seen that the P4 display has a higher resolution than the P5 display, but The price is relatively more expensive, and the choice of P4 or P5 display mainly depends on your display viewing distance and picture quality requirements.
The main summary is as follows:
- The two are viewed at a distance of more than 4 meters, and there is not much difference, but at a slightly closer distance, the P4 is better than the P5
- The density (number of points) of the two is different, P4 has 22500 more points than P5
- P4 is more expensive than P5
- The brightness of the P4 is not as high as that of the P5