When it comes to the types of LED displays, you should be able to name more or less a few, but if you can categorize your system, can you tell them apart? Let’s take a look at the differences in LED displays. Classification.
LED displays are usually composed of tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of semiconductor light-emitting diode pixels evenly arranged. By controlling the display of tens of thousands of semiconductor light-emitting diodes, various information such as various texts, images and videos are displayed on the screen.
General LED display can be divided into five categories, mainly:
Sort by color:
1. Monochrome LED display, also known as single-color LED electronic display, mainly includes red, white, green, yellow, blue, purple (rose) LED electronic display. Especially red, white and yellow are the two most commonly used colors, often used in traffic signs.
2. Dual-color LED display, also known as dual-color LED electronic display: two primary colors, red and green, can display red, green and mixed colors (yellow). Two-color LED displays are mostly used for traffic signs.
3. Full-color LED electronic display: Although the full-color LED display is composed of red, green, and blue three primary colors, it is usually not called a three-color or three-primary electronic display. A full-color LED display generally has 256 grayscale, can display more than 16 million colors.
According to the installation of indoor and outdoor environment classification:
1. Indoor LED electronic display, its brightness is relatively low, and the whole screen is not waterproof, the same model will be much cheaper than outdoor LED display;
2. Semi-outdoor (sub-outdoor) LED electronic display screens are generally not waterproof or only have basic waterproofing. They are usually used at the front of the door or under the eaves, and are limited to text-only information strip screens.
3. The outdoor LED electronic display has high brightness and can be used in direct sunlight. The entire screen is sealed and waterproof. Therefore, under the same model, the outdoor display is much more expensive than the indoor display.
By common type
1. LED conventional screens, that is, most of the normal, square or rectangular displays that we see every day are called conventional screens. They can be used outdoors or indoors. It is used in structure, shape, control, use It is more conventional, and all the parts can be bought at will without customization, so everyone gives it a conventional name.
2. LED transparent screen, the design principle of the transparent screen is developed on the basis of the conventional screen. Conventional LED screens are opaque, thick in structure, and relatively bulky in appearance. The transparent LED screen is designed with light strips and incorporates light-transmitting elements. The overall structure is optimized, and the overall appearance looks more beautiful and high-end, with thinner thickness, lighter weight, better heat dissipation and many other advantages, plus the update of the control system. , the control is more convenient.
3. The reason why the LED rental display is called a rental display is to distinguish it from the conventional display. The conventional display usually uses an LED iron box, while the LED rental display usually uses die-casting aluminum. Therefore, the rental display can be used at any time. It can be disassembled, and it is convenient for transportation and rental. It is also a common display on stage and weddings. Therefore, it is often called a stage LED rental display or a wedding LED rental display.
4. LED special-shaped screen, as we have already introduced above, the conventional display screen is usually square or rectangular, and the special-shaped screen can be spliced into any shape as needed. For example, circular screen, semi-circular screen, parallelogram screen, cylindrical screen, etc. , can use special-shaped screen to splicing. And more special DJ horn screen, Mobius ring screen, etc., can also be spliced through special-shaped screen.
5. Small-pitch display screen, used to call LED display screen less than and equal to 2.5mm as small-pitch display screen, with the improvement of technology, LED display screen less than and equal to 2mm is now usually called small-pitch LED display screen .
The difference between a small-pitch display and other displays is that apart from the dot pitch, the price is also huge. Especially above P1.0 and below P1.0 are two different prices. And the further down, the smaller the number of dots. 0.1, the price will increase in multiples.
Therefore, although the small-pitch display screen has been deployed for many years, it still cannot shake the status of LCD. At present, most small-pitch manufacturers have given up the low and mid-end market and switched to the high-end field for development.
According to the pixel pitch (P or PH) or diameter (Φ), it can be divided into:
1. Single and double colors: P6, P10, P8, P7.62 (the old model is called Φ5 according to the diameter), P20, P4.875 (the old model is called Φ3.75 according to the diameter), the old model is called Φ3 according to the diameter (no The New);
2. Conventional indoor full color: P7.62, P6, P5, P4, P3, P2.5, P1.875, P1.667, etc. (some uncommon models, such as P8, P3.33, etc. also have LED displays manufacturer);
3. Small-pitch indoor full-color: P2, P1.923, P1.875, P1.667, P1.523, P1.4, P1.25, P1.0, P0.87, etc. are all small-pitch LED displays Screen; the production of various manufacturers is various and not uniform, and is constantly being developed.
4. Outdoor full color: P20, P16, P12, P13.3, P10, P8, P6, P5, P4, P3, etc.;
5. Commonly used on rental screens: P5.68, P4.81, P3.91, P2.97, P2.60…;
6. Other customized types;